The Committee have undertaken a review of our Safeguarding Policy, based on BDA documentation, and this has been ratified at the AGM in October 2016.
The Policy can be found at the bottom of the page.
For general information on Safeguarding in Bowls go to: http://www.safeguardingbowls.org/
If you have any concerns or need support please contact the Club's Welfare Officer:
Mrs Eileen Powell
Elms Farm, Buckenhill, Bromyard, Herefordshire HR7 4PG
Telephone: 01885 483226
The role of the Bowls Club Welfare Officer is to:
● Assist the club in developing or adopting the National Governing Body Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and Procedures.
● Assist the club to identify areas for development to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for young players and adults at risk.
● Be the first point of contact for staff, members, volunteers, children and parents for any issue concerning the safeguarding of children and adults at risk, poor practice, and potential or alleged abuse.
● Ensure that all incidents and concerns are dealt with in accordance with policy guidelines.
● Ensure that all relevant members, volunteers and staff have the opportunity to access appropriate safeguarding training, with the support of the club/National Governing Body.
● Ensure that appropriate procedures for recruitment of staff and volunteers are in place locally and managed nationally including DBS disclosures.
● Maintain contact details for Child Social Care (CSC) (previously Social Services), Adult Social Care (ASC) the Police and NGB Designed Safeguarding Officer.
● Ensure that Codes of Conduct are in place for staff, volunteers, coaches, and children and that there are guidelines for parents and members and they are communicated to the relevant parties.
● Advise on child protection issues or be in attendance as necessary on Club or County Management Committees.
● Maintain confidentiality.