Message from the Chairman, 2nd June 2020
We intend to open the Green from next Monday, 8th June, subject to strict guidelines, for our Members so that those who wish to play bowls can do so. If you do intend to play please ensure that you keep to the following:
1. MEMBERS MUST BOOK PRIOR TO THE DAY WITH THE CLUB SECRETARY:
Phone 01588 660891 or 07785 330383 to ensure rink availability at the following times:
2pm - 4pm Monday, Thursday, Saturday and/or 6pm - 8pm Friday
Only those coordinating the session and those booked in to play will have access to the Green and surrounding area.
Note: If no one books a rink the Green will remain closed for that session. We will assess the need for further opportunities to bowl after a few weeks.
2. AN ALLOCATED COMMITTEE MEMBER will be at the Green with Jacks and mats ready for you to use. These will have been disinfected ready for you. No other equipment will be available. Please do not enter the Equipment Shed or Snug. Only alternate rinks will be used i.e. 1/3/5 or 2/4/6 to enable you to maintain social distancing.
3. YOU WILL HAVE TWO HOURS ON THE GREEN plus up to half an hour before your session.
Please be ready to play promptly at the start time and ensure social distancing at all times. No shaking hands, high fiving or any physical contact please!
There will be a maximum of 6 people on the Rink at any one time.
4. YOU WILL ONLY HAVE ACCESS TO THE GREEN AREA so please come prepared if you need refreshments, hand sanitisers or face mask. The outside toilet will be available if disinfected after use.
5. PLEASE STAY AT HOME if you are social distancing and/or have any symptoms to keep everyone safe.
Please note, in England, you can now:
To stay safe, you must:
Please note: - If the Committee feel that the above guidelines are not protecting the members we will close the Green.
Please stay safe and alert for everyone
BLH Chair and Secretary
Brimfield and Little Hereford Bowling Club would normally welcome NEW BOWLERS of all ages and abilities and supports the Bowls Development Alliance 'Women Can' initiative. At this time we are restricting the Green to 2020 Members who are covered by the Club Insurance.
If you are interested in joining the Club please contact the Membership Secretary, Eileen Powell, on 01885 483265
Information for the future:
We are currently working towards the Bowls Disability Mark.
Our facilities include disabled access, disabled toilet and parking plus access to equipment that can be made available to suit individual needs.
One of our members, Bill Wheatley, is an Umpire and BDA level 2 coach, qualified to assess coaches taking their level 1 and level 2 courses, and would be happy to coach new members.
If you need any information about the club please contact:
Jennie Cole, Chairman, on 01588 660891
Brimfield & Little Hereford Bowling Club welcomes TOURING TEAMS
from other counties. If you would like further information about a fixture contact:
Doug Smurthwaite, Fixtures Secretary, on 01299 271194
Disability Bowls England 2018